Name:
Location: Bloomfield, CT

This is about the never ending search for the best beer in the world. And that beer is apparently everywhere. Want me to try the beer you like or make? Great, tell me how to get it.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 23-- Skins won't confirm Fassel Hiring

The Redskins refuse to comment publicly about rampant reports that Jim Fassel would be named the team's next head coach as early as Thursday.. I was told by one team source in response, "Well, we don't have any press conference's set up."
Jim Zorn, Seattle QB coach has been linked to the new team as a potential offensive coordinator and there is rampant speculation that Rex Ryan, currently the Ravens defensive coordinator would take over here in the same capacity which would mean a complete overhaul of the team's staff..

This would mean Gregg Williams is completely out, according to some sources I spoke to, Williams is unaware of Dan Snyder's intentions at this point and is not aware he is out of the running.. A couple of people in the building wanted to continue to suggest Gregg is not out and still could be the head coach and considering the job has not been confirmed by any team source (trust me I've tried feverishly over the past few hours) I suppose anything is possible..

So I guess we wait until tomorrow when some kind of clarification could be forthcoming..

TE Chris Cooley and T Chris Samuels are going to wear "21" jerseys at the pro bowl in honor of teammate Sean Taylor..

If I hear something tonight, I'll post it..

OK men

2 Comments:

Blogger Del Greer said...

You know, Bram, any layman with half a working brain cell would look at the situation sixteen days ago and say, Duh, Williams is the obvious choice; he was a dominant leadership personality this year, and there's no good reason to blow up the coaching staff completely after a playoff season.

This is why we need professionals such as yourself.

Until reading this, I really just thought it was all hype, but I am now starting to believe. The next question, I guess, is who Gregg Williams is going to be working for next year -- and it sucks for him, because if the Skins had acted quickly, he could totally be the head coach of the Ravens next year....

5:50 PM  
Blogger Alex Chilton said...

i'm scared Bram ... very scared... hold me???

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home